Sunday, July 5, 2015

Usability

I'm about 2 weeks into using the system. The concept is brilliant. Filling in the morning routine is easy -- because that is the most predictable and consistent part of my day.

I think the following changes might be useful:

1. Differentiate between weekdays, weekends and holidays. The rhythm of these types of days are intrinsically different. Although I work almost everyday, I do so at a different pace. Also I want to have a "dark day" every week where I do not work. This is a good thing. The way the metrics are setup now, I get lower scores for "doing nothing."

2. Adaptive time slots. The notion of working 25 minutes focused on one task is helpful in organizing my day. I try to stick with it. However, things pop-up that require me to modify my day's plan. It would be great to easily track how much time I spend on each task (especially distractions). I want to optimize my week to less than 55 hours of work -- this is the ideal sweet spot for maximum productivity according to several studies.

3. Mobile device -- my compliance on data entry is low because it requires me to work on a computer. Some of my most productive days involve NO computer time. Working on an iPhone is ideal.

4. Auto loading of tasks to/from iCal. I want to import/export my appointments to/from calendars sot that I can rate the activity, measure the time spent and ensure that it is aligned with my OKRs.

5. OKR stuff -- I love the OKR approach advocated by John Dorr, Intel, Google, etc. There are a bunch of tools for OKRs but none that have the lifestyle management approach of Double M.

6. Integration with iOS stuff -- like Apple Health, iCal, etc.

Love this tool. Hope this helps further improve it.

1 comment:

  1. Olin...

    Great feedback, and I have done much of what you suggest, especially with the Days Off, and mobile devices, etc. Call me anytime and we can discuss some of your other points.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete