Saturday, July 25, 2015

Feedback on my experience so far :)

First, I should mention that I am a sole proprietor now (business attorney and consultant, former startup CEO).  I am not in the CEO role now and don't know that I'll return to it.  With that said, here's my feedback having been using the system for a couple of weeks now.

I LOVE the framework from when you rise, "Settting the Stage" for the day, reviewing affirmations, gratitudes, goals and priorities . . . through to the end of the day with journaling, etc.   It really is helping me to stay on track with my big picture and minimize my tendency to get distracted with the trivia.  I am excited to continue using the system but know that with my heavy travel and training schedule over the next couple of months - I'll be missing days here and there. But that's also the beauty of the system.  Everything is still there, right on-line, so I can pick up where I left off.

I still haven't filled in my KPIs and haven't figured out how to clear my past due goals that I have completed but I will get there.  On that note, I'd consider starting out by having the option to pick which sections you want open - and have the list set out  - checklist, gratitude, affirmations, goals, etc.   Give the user the option to role out new sheets when they are ready to start filling them in.   I'm thinking you might lose people before they even give the program a chance because they feel like they have to have "everything" completed before they start.  A feeling of overwhelm and perfectionism being an obstacle to use.  That mind thought that "I have to fill it all out or my score will be off" so I'll "wait until I have the time" to complete it all and then I'll get started.  HA!

I would find it helpful to be able to see what I did in my "focus" blocks of time.  It wouldn't need to be a lot of detail but just enough to show me I did or didn't keep on track with my goals and priorities.  I know we can add a note but the notes aren't visible unless you click on them.

I also have thoughts on being able to wrap up the final blocks of the day the next morning because often - I am out on the road with clients in the afternoon.  So when I get home, I am doing my journaling and touching base with friends by phone and doing my "pay it forward" tasks.  All to say, I don't always want to go back to my computer at 7-8 at night to do that final update so my "scores" are skewed. This doesn't bother me too much but some people might find this frustrating. 

Also, I know the product is in beta stage but I'll still put this thought out there.  Often I am not taking my laptop with me when I head out for client meetings.  I'm tending to use my IPAD.  The google doc "sheets" app works ok but certain functionality and fields don't display well. 

OK.  There you go.  That's what I've got so far.

2 comments:

  1. Cara Lyn... Thanks for the feedback! Seriously appreciate your insights. Call me anytime and I can walk you through a couple of your points. Big improvements are happening! Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete